Here is a summary of the capabilities we added to RightScale in January 2016.
- Multi-Cloud Image Management: We streamlined the creation and editing of MCIs by adding a new filterable interface for selecting cloud machine images. Changes to RightScale security group rules now provide additional audit details, including the exact fields that were created or removed from the rule, the author of the change, and the resulting security group definition.
- Deprecation of old Servers tab for a deployment: In 2013, we released a new version of our Servers tab for a deployment, while allowing you the option to switch back to the older version. On February 10, 2016, we will be removing the option to use the legacy Server tab for a deployment. No action is necessary on your part; on that date all of your accounts will automatically switch to the new version of the Servers tab.
- Support for Amazon Web Services t2.nano instances: We added support for the new t2.nano instance type across all supported AWS regions. You can now provision, manage, and track these instances in RightScale.
- RightScale Cloud Comparison is a new free tool that lets you compare features from leading public cloud providers: AWS, Azure, Google, and SoftLayer. Simply select your requirements for a particular workload and see which cloud providers meet those requirements. The tool is also accessible from Scenario Builder in Cloud Analytics.
- See RightScale’s position as a leader in The Forrester Wave: Hybrid Cloud Management Solutions, Q1 2016: RightScale was named a leader in hybrid cloud management solutions and had the top score of all vendors in the strategy category.
- Watch our on-demand webinar: In 8 Elements of Multi-Cloud Security, we show you how to approach multi-cloud security across all of your applications and infrastructure resources.