August is over and the kids are heading back to school as parents breathe a sigh of relief. But there's no need to get melancholy over the end of long summer days because RightScale is bringing you new features that will extend your summer fun. Here is a summary of the capabilities we've added over the last month. Click the links below to get detailed release notes, or contact your RightScale Account Manager for more information.
- Part 1: Improved user interface: As you’ve probably noticed, Cloud Management is now being updated to the latest RightScale user interface standards providing greater consistency for users across all RightScale products. The changes will make it easier for companies to onboard and train a broader set of internal users to leverage the entire RightScale platform. We are planning additional changes, including improvements to the navigation bar, in the coming weeks. These changes, combined with the improvements to the speed and responsiveness of the user interface that we rolled out in July, are designed to make Cloud Management users more efficient.
- Defer launch based on schedule: When launching a CloudApp outside of the selected schedule, you can now choose to defer launch until the next scheduled start time. Simply choose the "Launch CloudApp at next scheduled start" option on the Launching CloudApp screen.
- Support for network resources in a Cloud Application Template (CAT): The CAT language now supports additional resources, including: networks, network gateways, placement groups, route tables, routes, subnets, and more. Leveraging these resources gives you the ability to define entire networks as part of your CloudApp.
- Improved regular expression support: It’s now easier to ensure that users are providing valid inputs for CloudApps due to improved handling of regular expressions for parameter input validation. Read the docs on the allowed_pattern parameter for more details and for a link to an interactive online regex testing tool.
- Option to remove public IP on Google Compute Engine (GCE): When creating an instance, server, or array on GCE, you now have the option to remove the public IP from the instance, ensuring that it will not have a public IP assigned when it is launched. When using this option, you must ensure that the instance's private network allows routes to the RightScale platform in order for RightLink™ to connect.
- Stay up to date with lifecycle actions done from the cloud: RightScale now identifies instances that are stopped/started directly from the cloud and keeps the RightScale dashboard up to date. This applies to AWS, Azure, CloudStack, VMware, and SoftLayer.
New RightScale Support Portal
Our goal at RightScale is to provide you with the best customer service and support. To that end, we have implemented a new RightScale Support Portal and ticketing system to deliver a more seamless and interactive experience. To gain access to the portal, please create a password by following the steps outlined here.