We’ve been diving into Docker and creating cool new features for you. Click the links below to get more information, or contact your RightScale Account Manager.
- RightScale Container Manager: Over the past couple of months, we’ve been busy migrating our own platform to use Docker containers. We’ve shared the process in a series of blog articles. As a result, we are seeing increased efficiencies in our development process that we believe will translate to delivering features more quickly. In parallel with the migration project, we also delivered a new feature, RightScale Container Manager, that makes it easier for you to see and manage Docker containers. More details are available in this blog article. To learn how to use Container Manager, read the documentation.
- Templates for Kubernetes and Docker Swarm: We’ve created sample Cloud Application Templates (CATs) for RightScale Self-Service that automate the deployment and scaling of Kubernetes and Docker Swarm clusters.
Analyze trends by any dimension: On the Analyze page, you can now look at any dimension (clouds, accounts, deployments, instance types, users, purchase options, etc.) over your selected time period. Simply click the graph icon on any of the dimension modules below the main graph. You can change the data from Costs to Instance Count using the sort order drop-down menu next to the module name. Read more in the release notes.
Support for Windows on Google Compute Engine: RightLink™ 10.3.1 now supports Windows instances on Google Compute Engine. For details and instructions to install or upgrade, see the release notes.
New Cloud Resources
- Overcoming 5 Common Docker Challenges: How We Did It at RightScale: In this on-demand webinar, watch how the DevOps team at RightScale solved common Docker challenges including service discovery, monitoring, and increasing host density plus how we architected our containerized environment.
- The Forrester Wave: Hybrid Cloud Management Solutions, Q1 2016: Get the full report to see the criteria by which RightScale was named a leader in hybrid cloud management solutions and had the top score of all vendors in the strategy category.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery In the Cloud: This eBook details how the RightScale development and operations teams leverage Jenkins, RightScale, and cloud infrastructure along with DevOps practices to reduce time-to-market for new features and products.