- 1 Million+ Servers Launched Contest
- Contest Official Rules
1 MILLION + SERVERS LAUNCHED CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Sponsor: RightScale, Inc., 402 E. Gutierrez Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101, Attn: Marketing Department.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on March 10, 2010 and ends on Wednesday April 14 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period").
3. Eligibility: The 1 Million + Servers Launched Contest (the “Promotion”) is open to individuals who are currently employed and who are the age of majority or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of RightScale, Inc. ("Sponsor") or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All entrants must have access to the Internet prior to the start of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go to www.rightscale.com/contest and complete and submit the entry form, including: personal name, company name, email address, telephone number, state/province, country and your estimate of the servers launched on the Sponsor’s platform as of the end of the Promotion Period. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Upon completion and submission of the registration form, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Promotion. You may also enter by sending a 3x5 card with the information specified above to RightScale, Inc. 402 E. Gutierrez Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101, Attn: Marketing Department. Limit: Limit one entry per person. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entry, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Sponsor may use personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell any personal information submitted with an entry.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about Wednesday, April 21, Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of the prizes from among all entries received based upon (a) three prizes for the most accurate estimate of the total number of servers launched on the Sponsor’s cloud management platform as of 5:00 AM PT / 8:00 AM ET on Wednesday April 21; and (b) up to three additional prizes for the individual(s) who referred the individual winning entries under part (a) above. The potential winner[s] will be notified by email and/or telephone on or about Wednesday, April 21. Except where legally prohibited, Sponsor may require each potential Grand Prize winner to sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted via email or telephone, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries. SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. Prizes: A minimum of three (3) and a maximum of six (6) Grand Prize(s) will be awarded. Each Grand Prize consists of one Apple iPad. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $499. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in connection with this Promotion is $3000. Limit one prize per person and per household. A winner may forego the prize and instead request that Sponsor make a contribution of $500 to a charity of the winner’s choice, with Sponsor reserving the right of approval of any charity designated by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to award the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible entries.
7. Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
8. General Conditions: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release: By participating in this promotion, entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Publicity: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, EMPLOYER AND LOCATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
13. Winners List: For a list of winners available please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt to RightScale, Inc. 402 E. Gutierrez Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101, Attn: Marketing Department. VT residents may exclude return postage.
© 2006-2013 RightScale, Inc. All rights reserved.
RightScale is a registered trademark of RightScale, Inc. All other products and services may be trademarks or servicemarks of their respective owners.