Grid Engine is an industry-leading distributed resource management (DRM) system used by thousands of companies worldwide to build large compute cluster infrastructures for processing massive volumes of workload. A highly scalable and reliable DRM system, Grid Engine enables companies to produce higher-quality products, reduce time to market, and streamline and simplify the computing environment.
The Univa Grid Engine Appliance makes it easy to create a cluster of any size in the cloud in a simple, easy-to-administer environment. Scheduling policies can be applied to all work submitted to the cluster, ensuring high-priority jobs are completed on time while simultaneously maintaining maximum utilization of all cluster machines.
The RightScale Cloud Management Platform simplifies the rapid deployment and monitoring of Univa Grid Engine clusters in the Cloud. This partnership enables organizations to deploy any size Grid Engine compute cluster on-demand, within minutes without breaking workflow and application integration in the cloud environment. Customers can now extend the scalability and cost-effective benefits of the RightScale Management Dashboard to their on-demand and peak computing solution. By adding compute on an as-needed basis, RightScale customers can dramatically slash the time-to-results and reduce costs, only paying for what they require.
The Univa Grid Engine Appliance is deployed as a ServerTemplate making it extremely simple to deploy clusters providing organizations of all sizes with a highly scalable and on-demand HPC cloud computing solution in minutes.
Univa Grid Engine On Demand - Powered by RightScale
There are three elements which comprise the overall costs of Univa GE On Demand:
- The underlying AWS infrastructure costs (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/#pricing)
- The RightScale pricing (http://www.rightscale.com/products/plans-pricing/)
- The hourly or monthly costs of using this Grid Engine On Demand solution
Hourly or Monthly Costs Explained
Customers can either choose to pay by the hour for these Grid Engine premium server templates (according to the schedule below), or they can pay flat monthly fees instead. To switch from an hourly plan to a monthly plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly pricing was designed for customers running their Grid Engine clusters at steady state. To better explain how monthly pricing works, consider these examples:
- Say you start a single "Standard Large" Queue Master server from the Queue Master Server Template and are subscribed to the monthly plan. Your total monthly cost (for the Grid Engine On Demand portion) will be $1.98.
- Say you start two "Standard Large" Queue Master servers at the same time from the Queue Master Server Template and are subscribed to the monthly plan. Your total monthly cost (for the Grid Engine On Demand portion) will be $3.96.
- Say you are subscribed to the monthly plan, and you start a single "Standard Large" Queue Master server, run it for 5 days, then stop it. Then you proceed to start another “Standard Large” Queue Master server and run it for an additional 5 days, then stop it. This would count as two individual servers and your total monthly cost (for the Grid Engine On Demand portion) will be $3.96.
Hourly Rates by Instance Size (for the Queue Master & Execution Hosts)
- For AWS Instance types m1.large, m2.xlarge: $0.02 per hour
- For AWS Instance types m1.xlarge, m2.2xlarge: $0.04 per hour
- For AWS Instance types m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge:
$0.08 per hour
Flat Monthly Rates by Instance Size (for the Queue Master & Execution Hosts)
- For AWS Instance types m1.large, m2.xlarge: $1.98 per month
- For AWS Instance types m1.xlarge, m2.2xlarge: $3.96 per month
- For AWS Instance types m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge: $7.92 per month
- To switch from hourly pricing to monthly pricing, please email email@example.com.
- Customers must choose either the hourly pricing plan or the monthly pricing plan (i.e. it is not possible to combine the two).
- Partial months are billed as full months (on a 12 month per year calendar) if you are using the monthly pricing plan.
- Customers can only switch pricing plans (i.e. from hourly to monthly) once every 30 days.
- Pricing is based off of the number of cores on the virtual machine.
- Only 64-bit platforms are supported.
- Information about AWS instance types can be found here: (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/)
Available to Paid
Sign-up for RightScale