CentOS Linux 6.0 with the RightScale platform!
This is a RightScale Open Source MultiCloud Image supported by the community only and is an alpha release not recommended for production systems.
Core Features of this series
- Boots native CentOS 6 (2.6.32-71.29.1.el6) kernel with Amazon PV-GRUB AKIs
- RightLink 5.6.28, pre-installed and ready (5.6.34 on x86_64)
- Available in all AWS regions, including ap-northeast-1
- i686 and x86_64 MCI versions
- EBS & instance-store MCI versions
- All compatible instance types supported per AMI
- Ability to install and reboot with a new kernel (additional kernel devel packages included)
- ext4 root filesystem, plus XFS support
- Run Chef and RightScripts
- No additional daemons/services running on boot (except collectd)
- Minimal & selective additional packages installed
- base, updates, centosplus, extras, EPEL, RightScale EPEL and IUS YUM repositories
- RightScale mirror support for all YUM repos (except IUS)
- Compatible with RightScale Monitoring & Logging (Chef-configured w/ rs_utils)
The EBS versions of the MCIs add
- A swap partition, automatically enabled (independent of instance type)
- A boot partition for installing & testing other kernels via reboot
- 8GB root EBS volume, ideal for the AWS Free Usage Tier
ServerTemplates this MCI is published and supported with
- RightScale Linux Server RL 5.6
Build your own CentOS MCI or AMIs with CentOS Machine Image Builder v0.1.
For community support, feedback, bugs & enhancement requests:
For additional information, please see the RightScale OSS Community page on the Support Portal.
Revision 2 | Aug 10, 2011
Initial support for CentOS Linux 6.0.
Revision 1 | Aug 10, 2011