CentOS Linux 6.2 with the RightScale platform!
This is a RightScale Open Source MultiCloud Image supported by the community only and is an alpha release not recommended for production systems.
Core Features of this series
- Boots native CentOS 6.2 (2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.centos.plus) kernel with Amazon PV-GRUB AKIs
- RightLink 5.7, pre-installed and ready
- Available in all (7) AWS regions
- i686 and x86_64 MCI versions
- EBS & instance-store MCI versions
- All compatible instance types supported per AMI
- Ability to install and reboot with a new kernel (additional packages may be required)
- ext4 root filesystem, plus XFS support
- Run Chef and RightScripts
- No additional daemons/services running on boot (except collectd)
- Minimal & selective additional packages installed
- base, updates, centosplus, extras, EPEL, RightScale EPEL and IUS YUM repositories
- RightScale mirror support for all YUM repos (except IUS)
- Compatible with RightScale Monitoring & Logging (Chef-configured w/ rs_utils)
For users of block devices (such as EBS volumes and ephemeral storage), please keep in mind the Xen block device mapping change in CentOS >= 6.1 kernels, see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=729586.
ServerTemplates this MCI is published and supported with
Build your own CentOS MCI or AMIs with CentOS Machine Image Builder.
For community support, feedback, bugs & enhancement requests:
For additional information, please see the RightScale OSS Community page on the Support Portal.
Revision 1 | Jun 19, 2012
First image build for public release/testing.