First Boot Slave Start
This RightScript performs the following actions:
- Makes a local Slave copy of the current Master DB.
- Starts this server as a MySQL Slave to a Master DB.
- Sets up the correct configuration file for a reboot to continue the slave role.
Boot-time version of slave initialization. Can be enabled/disabled by setting:
- INIT_SLAVE_AT_BOOT = true/false
NOTE: Setting the value to $ignore is equivalent to true.
When enabled, it performs the same actions as its counterpart in the operational script's list:
- Converts a running DB instance to be a slave of an existing Master DB.
- Snapshot and pull the necessary files of the running master.
- Set the slave DNS entry to point to the instance's IP.
No action is taken at all. MySQL just restarts and resumes its past role.
- If the Slave was started, it continues.
- If the Slave was not started, it stays the same.
Revision 1 | Oct 21, 2010
Available to Paid
Sign-up for RightScale
If you have problems with this server template or any of the scripts, feel free to email me at email@example.com.