Papertrail app log aggregation
Published by Papertrail on Jun 29, 2012Revision: 5 This component has been superseded. Get the current version here
Log management as a one-click hosted service.
About this RightScript
Send app log messages to Papertrail. This script:
remote_sysloggem (only when manually executed)
/etc/log_files.ymlcontaining path(s) to app log files
- Starts and daemonizes
- Install as a boot script and execute the script once to install the gem. Logs start flowing immediately.
- Requires a free Papertrail account.
- See companion RightScript to aggregate syslog messages.
Use Papertrail to aggregate, tail, and search log messages from your RightScale instances, apps (like Apache, nginx, MySQL, redis, and any other log files), RightLink chef deployments, and any other text data sources. Then:
- save useful searches
- create a single view with related event streams
- enable team-wide visibility
- notify external services of important events
- automatically archive
- access via Web, command-line, and API
Revision 6 | Jun 24, 2013
Updated to install latest gems & modified a few other small bits
Revision 5 | Jun 29, 2012
Upgrade from frozen remote_syslog 1.4.1 to frozen 1.6.5. Upgrade related gem dependency attachments.
Revision 4 | Dec 09, 2011
Don't try to generate log_files.yml or start remote_syslog if any required inputs are ignored (or otherwise not provided)
Revision 3 | Sep 27, 2011
Fix bug with filename parsing, with thanks to our release MVPs Ryan Schlesinger (@ryansch, Instance Consulting) and Nick Morgan (@morganick, Ace of Sales).