Log management as a one-click hosted service.
About this RightScript
Send syslog messages to Papertrail. This script:
- Detects existing syslog daemon (
- Locates its config file(s)
- Add a log destination to Papertrail
- Install as boot script. Logs start flowing immediately. No other changes are necessary.
- Requires a free Papertrail account.
- See companion RightScript to aggregate app, database, and any other text log files.
Use Papertrail to aggregate, tail, and search log messages from your RightScale instances, apps (like Apache, nginx, MySQL, redis, and any other log files), RightLink chef deployments, and any other text data sources. Then:
- save useful searches
- create a single view with related event streams
- enable team-wide visibility
- notify external services of important events
- automatically archive
- access via Web, command-line, and API
Revision 1 | Sep 27, 2011