IBM DB2 Express-C is the "no-limits" FREE edition of the enterprise-class IBM DB2 database server which is used by the largest enterprises for their mission critical applications . It features advanced technologies such as pureXML, a hybrid relational/XML database engine. It is easy-to-use, includes self-managing capabilities, and offers enterprise-proven performance and scalability.
You can use this server template and DB2 Express-C free of charge. IBM offers optional low cost subscription and support as well as additional features.
DB2 supports key development platforms including , Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python, C/C++, Java, .Net, etc., and is well suited for a variety of Web, Web 2.0, transactional, analytical, ERP, and other business applications.
This Server Template is built on CentOS 5.6. It installs and configures DB2 Express-C 10.1 during boot-up. This template also includes the following scripts and tools:
Operation Scripts for use with DB2
- Create Group
- Delete Group
- Create User
- Delete User
- Add Users to a Group
- Remove Users from a Group
- Backup Database
- Restore Database
- Create Database
- Create SAMPLE Database
- Drop Database
- Start DB2
- Stop DB2
- Start DB2 Administration Server
- Stop DB2 Administration Server
- Run command within DB2
- Set DB2 parameter
- Ruby and Rails
- Remote Desktop (via VNC)
**NOTE: In order to use this template you MUST either:
- create TWO EBS volumes prior to starting this Server Template OR
- set the USE_LOCAL_STORAGE Input to "YES".**
- This EBS volume will hold the configuration of DB2 as well as the user home directories.
- It is recommended to create this volume at least 3GB in size.
- By default this device is attached to /dev/sdj, however this is modifiable via the DB2_CONFIG_EBS_DEVICE input.
- This EBS volume will hold all of your databases (user data, system catalog tables, indexes, etc.).
- It is recommended to create this volume at least 10GB in size.
- By default this device is attached to /dev/sdk, however this is modifiable via the DB2_DATA_EBS_DEVICE input.
MultiCloudImage: RightImage_Ubuntu_10.04_i386_v5.6 - 11H1 [rev 13]
RightScript: Install DB2 Express-C [rev 21]
RightScript: Backup DB2 Database [rev 12]
RightScript: Boot (possibly format) and mount the EBS volume script [rev 10]
RightScript: Create Group [rev 4]
RightScript: Create User [rev 4]
RightScript: Create database [rev 3]
RightScript: Create sample database [rev 1]
RightScript: Delete Group [rev 4]
RightScript: Delete User [rev 4]
RightScript: Download Attachments [rev 1]
RightScript: Drop database [rev 1]
RightScript: Add users to group [rev 4]
RightScript: Remove users from group [rev 4]
RightScript: Restore Database [rev 1]
RightScript: Accept IBM DB2 Express-C License [rev 3]
RightScript: Run command within db2 [rev 1]
RightScript: SYS Monitoring install - 11H1 [rev 10]
RightScript: SYS Syslog Remote Logging Client v7 [rev 6]
RightScript: SYS lvm on /mnt v9 [rev 3]
RightScript: Set DB2 parameter [rev 1]
RightScript: Start DB2 Administration Server [rev 4]
RightScript: Start DB2 [rev 1]
RightScript: Stop DB2 Administration Server [rev 4]
RightScript: Stop DB2 [rev 1]See More
Revision 17 | Apr 30, 2012