About this template
Using this template you can create a Radiant CMS blog powered by Ruby on Rails and DB2, in a matter of minutes. This template installs everything that is required to have a fully functional Radiant CMS blog that works with DB2 on a micro Amazon instance (which is currently free for a year for new customers):
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server Edition (32-bit)
- nginx + Passenger
- Rails framework
- IBM Ruby driver and Rails adapter for DB2 and IDS
- IBM DB2 Express-C database server
A sample Radiant CMS blog will be available at the URL corresponding to your public DNS on the standard port 80. To customize it, append /admin to the URL and enter admin as the username, and radiant as the password.
If you wish to use this template server in production mode, we highly recommend that you:
- Change the password for the Linux users db2inst1, dasusr1, db2fenc1 from password to more secure ones;
- Update the /opt/www/blog/config/database.yml file with the password you just changed for the user db2inst1;
- Change the Radiant CMS admin password from radiant to something much more secure.
This template includes a number of operational scripts that you may find useful in managing your DB2 databases. To see the scripts and to learn how to use them see the "Scripts" tab for this server template.
MultiCloudImage: Radiant CMS on IBM DB2 Express-C [rev 4]
RightScript: Start nginx + Passenger [rev 1]
RightScript: SYS Monitoring install v9 [rev 12]
RightScript: Start DB2 Administration Server [rev 4]
RightScript: Start DB2 [rev 1]
RightScript: Restart nginx + Passenger [rev 1]
RightScript: Start nginx and DB2 [rev 4]
RightScript: Stop DB2 Administration Server [rev 4]
RightScript: Stop DB2 [rev 1]
RightScript: Stop nginx + Passenger [rev 1]See More
Revision 4 | Jan 28, 2011
Added support for the US-West and AP AWS clouds.
Revision 3 | Jan 27, 2011
Added support for the European AWS cloud.
Revision 2 | Dec 17, 2010
Added operational scripts.