Built upon the same world-class technology that powers Amazon.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides businesses with a secure, reliable, easy-to scale, low-cost computing platform "in the cloud." Companies of all sizes, from all around the globe use AWS to build applications, store data, manage business processes, and more.
With Amazon Web Services, you pay only for what you use, with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments.
Amazon Web Services is more than a collection of infrastructure services. With the same pay as you go pricing, you can save time by incorporating identity, payment, database, messaging, and other services that will give you a head start on delivering for your business.
To get started, you simply sign up for an account and deploy your first application. AWS manages the infrastructure that enables you to deploy highly scalable and reliable IT solutions.
- Application Hosting. Amazon Web Services offers a number of products, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) that give application vendors an easy way to use the massive compute power of the Amazon cloud computing platform to host their existing software on the Internet.
- Backup and Storage. Amazon Web Services provides a cost-effective solution for storing information in the cloud that eliminates the burden of provisioning and managing hardware. Thousands of customers already use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) as their backup location, and other customers have created compelling end-user backup, storage, and disaster recovery solutions using AWS.
- Content Delivery. Amazon CloudFront makes it easier to distribute content to end-users quickly, with low latency and high data transfer speeds.
- Databases. Amazon Web Services provides a number of database solutions for developers and businesses, including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon SimpleDB, and several relational database AMIs on Amazon EC2 & Amazon EBS.
- E-Commerce Applications. Amazon Web Services and other Amazon.com business units offer a number of solutions to help you run an e-commerce website.
- Enterprise IT. Amazon Web Services offers a reliable, secure environment on which businesses and their IT partners can host both internal and external-facing applications. By hosting on the Amazon cloud computing platform, businesses can access on-demand, cost-effective infrastructure solutions and subsequently save time, money, and management resources.
- High Performance Computing. Businesses with high performance computing (HPC) needs are turning to Amazon Web Services for access to a massive compute cloud. Amazon EC2 provides access to a tremendous amount of compute power, enabling you to process very large data sets across multiple virtual compute instances using any algorithm, programming language, or operating system you wish.
- Media Hosting. Amazon Web Services enables cost-effective, scalable, and dependable distribution of content with services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront.