Cloud.com develops an integrated, open source software solution that enables enterprises and service providers to quickly and easily build infrastructure clouds. As a key layer in the deployment and management of cloud infrastructure, the CloudStack easily transforms a datacenter's underlying compute, network and storage infrastructure to act as an efficient, shared resource pool that can be deployed across multiple users as a service. Enabling delegated management through a self-service portal, end users are given the ability to manage their virtual datacenter environments, scaling up and down resources based on their needs of their business. Additional tools simplify provisioning, administration, scaling, capacity management, security and billing.
The Cloud.com CloudStack is an innovative, open source cloud computing solution for creating, managing, and deploying highly reliable and scalable elastic cloud services. The CloudStack brings a new level of product stability and capability that is not found in solutions currently available in the market. This new offering builds on top of established foundations, like virtualization and service management, and helps companies to:
- Provide end users a virtually unlimited amount of computing power – in public, private or hybrid deployments – that can be used on-demand, as required and billed by actual usage
- Completely automate the distribution of compute, network and storage while adhering to defined policies on load balancing, data security and compliance.
- Simplify and accelerate service delivery by combining self-service provisioning with a catalog of custom built and pre-defined machine images
- Deliver real-time visibility and reporting capabilities within the cloud environment to ensure compliance, security, and comprehensive metering customer usage
- Bridge the public and private cloud paradigm by building on top of a standards based, open solution that is widely adopted by both service providers and enterprises
- Leverage existing cloud investments by implementing the Amazon API, enabling seamless integration of Amazon partners and the ability to run Amazon AMIs within the platform
RightScale and Cloud.com have partnered to deliver a complete cloud management platform, with the CloudStack providing the infrastructure management and RightScale providing the cloud application management piece.