SoftLayer is the innovation leader in cloud, dedicated, and managed hosting and is one of the largest privately owned hosting companies in the world. SoftLayer provides cloud, dedicated, and seamlessly integrated computing environments, with world-class data centers in Dallas, Houston, San Jose, Seattle, Washington D.C., Asia-Pacific (via Singapore), and Europe (via Amsterdam), and network Points of Presence worldwide. The company integrates and automates all elements of its platform, empowering enterprises of any size with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management via a leading Customer Portal and Open API.
Massively scale your computing resources on-demand and deploy computing instances running enterprise-grade and open source operating systems in as few as five minutes. CloudLayer® brings you cloud computing, storage, and content delivery built on SoftLayer's core advantages and longtime leadership in automated, on-demand data center services.
CloudLayer Computing services include:
- Public Cloud: Multi-tenant environment leveraging advanced virtualization tools for rapid provisioning and secure computing
- Private Cloud: Single-tenant environment for added flexibility, scalability, and security
- Bare Metal Cloud: Immediately provisioned hardware with no virtualization layer, for workloads with high I/O requirements
- Speed—CloudLayer Computing Instances are guaranteed to be based on 2.0GHz (or faster) processor.
- Freedom to Choose—Pick your choice of operating system, choose a template from an image library, or share or publish images of your own.
- Expanded Global Footprint—SoftLayer’s new data centers and Points of Presence in Europe and Asia-Pacific give millions of users a more direct connection to SoftLayer, providing lower latency and a superior experience for end users.
- Automation Advantage—SoftLayer automates everything, which includes automated deployment of cloud servers and automated control of more than 200 backend services through our industry-leading Customer Portal.
- Flexible Deployment Options—Spin up a cloud server for a month or for an hour. With SoftLayer, you’re not locked into a contract, and you only pay for what you need.
RightScale and SoftLayer have partnered to bring SoftLayer CloudLayer Services to the RightScale Cloud Management Platform. RightScale helps customers design, deploy, manage, and automate applications on the cloud. This new partnership empowers users with the flexibility to deploy and manage SoftLayer cloud servers directly through RightScale. Additionally, users can [scale/migrate] any cloud on RightScale directly and easily to CloudLayer.