CloudOpt saves you time and money by making your WAN connection to the cloud feel like a LAN. CloudOptimizer™ is a Cloud Network Acceleration virtual appliance and software that reduces data transfer times and costs dramatically. CloudOptimizer accelerates traffic for any client or server and is easy to install, configure and use. CloudOptimizer can be deployed on any cloud provider and can easily be deployed on your own systems at your own location.
CloudOptimizer™ is a fast, cost effective, and secure cloud network acceleration solution.
The Problem — Moving large amounts of data into the cloud can take too long and cost too much using standard methods. Accessing legacy applications in the cloud is also often slow. These problems lead to slow remote database replication, failed cloud backups and restores, and difficult migrations to the cloud.
Traditional approaches to WAN optimization are expensive, difficult to deploy, insecure, and are not cloud friendly.
CloudOptimizer, on the other hand, is affordable, easy to deploy, secure and cloud friendly.
- Accelerates data movement & application access into and around the cloud
- Accelerates most applications and protocols
- Provides Cloud Network Acceleration with no bandwidth licensing limits
- Cloud-friendly pricing includes charging the same price on any sized instance and in all regions
- Automatically encrypts applications and data movement into the cloud
- Maintains the end-to-end trust model for secure connections
- Highly flexible and elastic deployment inside and outside the cloud
- Deploys easily in the cloud and as a virtual appliance or as software on the ground
- Accelerates data transfer into and out of Amazon S3 and other providers’ storage
- Uses RFC compliant, non-proprietary protocols
- Hypervisor agnostic
CloudOptimizer runs on RightScale as a ServerTemplate, and as software on Linux. Customer applications running on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, or other OSes can be accelerated via CloudOptimizer.
CloudOptimizer is a symmetric solution, which means that one CloudOptimizer is deployed at each end of the connection.
Two CloudOptimizer server templates are available on RightScale:
- CloudOptimizer Endpoint template
- CloudOptimizer Gateway template
CloudOptimizer Gateway is used when you are accelerating data from multiple clients or to multiple servers. If you are accelerating more than six clients or six servers in a region or single location, CloudOptimizer Gateway is the best solution to use.
CloudOptimizer Endpoint is used when accelerating data from a single client where the data or application lives.
The CloudOptimizer at either end of the connection can be either an “Endpoint” or a “Gateway.” You can freely mix CloudOptimizer Gateways and Endpoints.