rPath automates system deployment and maintenance across physical, virtual and cloud environments. rPath's innovative release automation platform is based on the industry's only commercial version control repository for managing deployed software systems. The result is an easy-to-deploy and cost-effective automation solution for rapid, low-risk and low-overhead deployment and maintenance of complex software systems. rPath dramatically improves responsiveness to business lines, reduces compliance risks, and allows resource-constrained IT organizations to significantly reduce operating costs and "do more with less." Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, rPath customers include many of the world's largest enterprises and ISVs. Visit www.rpath.com
rPath takes the cost and risk out of packaging, provisioning and maintaining systems across any physical, virtual or cloud environment. rPath enables:
- Automated provisioning—where dependencies are automatically discovered and resolved, policies define how application workloads should be packaged. The result is a complete, self-contained system that’s deeply modeled, version controlled and ready to deploy to any physical, virtual or cloud environment.
- Automated maintenance—updates and patches can be implemented incrementally and automatically. Or if you would prefer to re-provision an updated system, this can be done automatically using the same mechanism.
- Application portability—application workloads can be automatically moved between any physical, virtual or cloud environment. Consistency and control—a version controlled library of reusable software components and deep modeling and control over the lifecycle of configured systems and business services.
An rPath system blueprint is a comprehensive, declarative model that specifies the precise desired software and configuration stack for deployed systems. Blueprints define both dynamic image creation for provisioning and incremental file-level changes for patching and application updates.
For system deployment, rPath supports bidirectional integration between blueprints and FastScale ServerTemplates:
- rPath can drive deployment by calling the FastScale API—creating or updating a ServerTemplate on demand based on an rPath version-controlled blueprint.
- FastScale ServerTemplate scripts can call the rPath API to obtain rPath dynamically-generated images for rapid deployment. rPath also supports incremental, dependency-safe updates for deployed systems, complementing ServerTemplate update scripts for complex operations that require dependency resolution.