Santa Barbara, CA — October 12, 2016 — RightScale® Inc., a demonstrated leader in enterprise universal cloud management, today announced support for Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM). Universal cloud management allows organizations to manage any cloud or any server from a single console.
This new support for Azure Resource Manager adds to existing RightScale support for the classic deployment model in Azure. RightScale users can now manage workloads using either or both deployment models from a single console.
ARM manages resources that share a common lifecycle, enabling users to take action on these resources as a group. ARM resource groups are mapped to RightScale deployments. With RightScale deployments, users can define and manage groups of resources in a common way across ARM and other supported clouds. In addition, RightScale enables ARM users to uniformly apply access controls to all resources in a resource group, and those policies are automatically applied to any new resources that are added to the resource group.
The 2016 RightScale State of the Cloud report found that 82 percent of enterprises have a multi-cloud approach. On average respondents are using three clouds and experimenting with three more. Azure IaaS and PaaS both showed increased adoption in 2016 over 2015. Combined, 20 percent of respondents use Azure (IaaS, PaaS, or both).
Using RightScale to manage ARM gives enterprises maximum control and flexibility by integrating ARM into a single interface that supports all your clouds. There are several benefits of managing ARM through RightScale, including:
- Manage ARM resource groups: Users wanting to gain efficiencies with Azure ARM resource groups can now do that through RightScale. Provision, configure, and automate individual servers or entire deployments in minutes through the same console used for classic Azure deployments as well as other clouds. All individual and group resources are accessible from the RightScale Dashboard and API.
- Multi-Cloud Orchestration: RightScale offers efficient, automated provisioning and orchestration on Azure Resource Manager and other public and private clouds. RightScale abstracts common cloud services and supports cloud-specific differences through plugins.
- Automated Operations: RightScale automation helps customers keep tabs on resources with granular monitoring. For example, customers can monitor all their servers across clouds; use monitored metrics to drive alerts and escalations that notify of issues and automatically take action; and scale resources up and down using auto-scaling arrays.
- Cloud Governance Controls: RightScale enables organizations to manage access and govern usage of cloud resources across clouds, including ARM. RightScale offers multi-cloud access controls, visibility and audit trails, and cost management across clouds.
- Services & Support: RightScale has been providing leading services and support for public and private clouds since 2006. RightScale can help customers onboard applications to Microsoft ARM and implement multi-cloud strategies. Round-the-clock support and managed services keeps applications running, while in-depth training offers insights into cloud-based applications and adopting cloud best practices using RightScale.
RightScale Universal Cloud Management enables leading enterprises to accelerate delivery of cloud-based applications that engage customers and drive top-line revenue while optimizing cloud usage to reduce risk and costs. With RightScale, IT organizations can deliver instant access to a portfolio of public, private, and hybrid cloud services across business units and development teams while maintaining enterprise control. RightScale Consulting Services help companies develop cloud strategies, deliver cloud projects, and optimize cloud usage. RightScale was named a “100 Best Places to Work in 2015” by Outside Magazine and was listed in “The Best Enterprise Cloud Computing Startups to Work For in 2015” by Forbes. Since 2007, leading enterprises including Audi, Pinterest, and Yellow Pages Group have launched millions of servers through RightScale.
RightScale is a registered trademark of RightScale, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.