Santa Barbara, CA — April 16, 2015 — RightScale today announced integration between ServiceNow® and the RightScale Cloud Portfolio Management platform. The new intergration helps organizations quickly and easily extend the ServiceNow platform with best-of-breed cloud management functionality across major public cloud, private cloud, and virtualized environments. With the integration, users can launch, manage, monitor, govern, and track costs on all of their cloud applications and integrate into ServiceNow Service Catalog, CMDB, Workflow, Orchestration, and Incident Management.
A number of RightScale enterprise customers already combine RightScale with ServiceNow. Today’s integration will make integrating RightScale and ServiceNow in the enterprise even easier.
"Technicolor® has created its own agnostic global cloud platform called Constellation, combining ServiceNow and RightScale, to deliver an open marketplace of services through a one-click self-service provisioning of resources across seven cloud environments through a single pane of glass," said Mark Dickerson, Vice President of Cloud Delivery and Operations at Technicolor.
The integration of ServiceNow and RightScale provides capabilities that are all recorded and accessible from a centralized configuration management database (CMDB). Benefits include:
- Orchestrate Applications Across Multiple Clouds: Deliver the resources you need with an orchestration engine that goes beyond single VM provisioning to automate deployment and management of complete multi-tier cloud applications, including integration of external web services. Broker access to a wide range of public and private clouds including AWS, Azure, Google, SoftLayer, OpenStack, and vSphere; and offer standardized instances, stacks and applications for the cloud as part of your ServiceNow Service Catalog.
- Keep Cloud Apps Running Smoothly and on Budget: Best-of-breed cloud management and cloud analytics provide operational and cost control. Ensure that your applications meet your SLAs and budgets with management and reporting tools for monitoring, alerting, and management of applications and the streamlining of operations through automated scripts and patching; and with reporting tools for the understanding, forecasting, and controlling of cloud costs through the reporting and chargeback of cloud costs by application, department, team, and even down to individual servers.
- Integration Brings ITIL to Cloud: Use the RightScale integration with ServiceNow to apply your ITIL framework and processes to fast-changing cloud infrastructure including ephemeral workloads and auto-scaling applications. Access APIs for seamless integration to RightScale features and capabilities; keep your ServiceNow CMDB in sync with your cloud applications to ensure a complete picture of your infrastructure, whether on-premises or in any of the clouds you use; and leverage your ServiceNow portal and workflows to offer cloud resources.
- Guidance from Cloud Experts: Increase the success of your cloud infrastructure strategy with help from RightScale cloud experts who have advised more than a thousand enterprises in their journey to cloud. RightScale Professional Services will help you operationalize your cloud strategy by prioritizing your application migration plan; assisting you with cloud architectures for scalability and availability; and providing expert help to build the cloud-based components, stacks, and applications for your ServiceNow Service Catalog.
Additional resources about RightScale and IT Service Management (ITSM):
- Blog on how enterprises use RightScale to extend cloud capabilities of ServiceNow ITSM Meets Cloud Management: RightScale and ServiceNow
- ServiceNow and RightScale Solution Brief: RightScale Integration with ServiceNow®
- On April 21 at Knowledge15, see how Technicolor leverages RightScale and ServiceNow: Speeding Movies to Market: Cloud Provisioning at Technicolor
- RightScale is a Silver Sponsor of Knowledge15. Please visit RightScale booth 538 to learn more. #servicenow #know15
At Knowledge15, approximately 9,000 attendees have the opportunity to attend more than 100 labs and 200 breakout sessions, specialized networking events, and an ExpoNow exhibition hall with approximately 170 sponsors. With the combination of pre-conference training, hands-on labs, and breakout sessions, the conference presents the best opportunity for ServiceNow customers and partners to learn about the future of ServiceNow, the ecosystem and how we are empowering the service-oriented enterprise. During the conference, follow it on the ServiceNow Community and on Twitter #Know15 and @Know365.
RightScale® Inc. Cloud Portfolio Management enables leading enterprises to accelerate delivery of cloud-based applications that engage customers and drive top-line revenue while optimizing cloud usage to reduce risk and costs. With RightScale, IT organizations can deliver instant access to a portfolio of public, private, and hybrid cloud services across business units and development teams while maintaining enterprise control. RightScale Consulting Services help companies develop cloud strategies, deliver cloud projects, and optimize cloud usage. RightScale also offers PlanForCloud.com, a free cloud cost management tool based on a global database of more than 12,000 price points from cloud providers, which enables organizations to perform sophisticated cloud cost forecasting. Since 2007, leading enterprises including Pearson International, Intercontinental Hotels Group, and PBS have launched millions of servers through RightScale.
RightScale is a registered trademark of RightScale, Inc. ServiceNow and Knowledge15 are registered trademarks of ServiceNow. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.