Santa Barbara, CA — January 21, 2016 — RightScale® Inc., a demonstrated leader in enterprise universal cloud management, today announced that it has launched a new free tool to help enterprises quickly and easily compare top public cloud providers.
The new tool will be available within the RightScale product suite, as well as accessible via http://cloudcomparison.rightscale.com.
"Enterprises are using public and private in record numbers, and as we saw in the RightScale 2015 State of the Cloud Report, 82 percent of enterprises report a multi-cloud strategy," said Kim Weins, VP of Marketing at RightScale. "Now one of the big questions is how companies can pick the best, most optimized cloud for each specific workload or use case. We created RightScale Cloud Comparison to make it easier for IT to become an effective cloud broker of different cloud services across the leading public clouds."
RightScale Cloud Comparison is an easy-to-use tool that compares the features and capabilities of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and SoftLayer. The tool highlights cloud functionality across several categories:
- Basic cloud services: VM sizes, SLA terms, security certifications, supported operating systems, and geographic locations.
- Core cloud services: Compute, network, and storage services.
- Database services: Relational databases, non-relational databases, and other DBaaS (database-as-a-service) offerings.
- Additional services: Application, security, and identity services.
Other resources from RightScale on optimization:
- Live webinar: RightScale will hold a webinar on Wednesday, January 27, to introduce and demo the Cloud Comparison tool. Register for Cloud Compare: AWS vs. Azure vs. Google vs. SoftLayer.
- On-demand webinar providing details on how to optimize cloud costs: 10 Ways to Optimize Public and Private Cloud Costs.
RightScale® Cloud Portfolio Management enables leading enterprises to accelerate delivery of cloud-based applications that engage customers and drive top-line revenue while optimizing cloud usage to reduce risk and costs. With RightScale, IT organizations can deliver instant access to a portfolio of public, private, and hybrid cloud services across business units and development teams while maintaining enterprise control. RightScale Consulting Services help companies develop cloud strategies, deliver cloud projects, and optimize cloud usage. RightScale was named a “100 Best Places to Work in 2015” by Outside Magazine and was listed in “The Best Enterprise Cloud Computing Startups to Work For in 2015” by Forbes. Since 2007, leading enterprises including Audi, Pinterest, and Yellow Pages Group have launched millions of servers through RightScale.
RightScale is a registered trademark of RightScale, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.