Any Application. Any Cloud. Under Your Control.
RightScale is a comprehensive cloud management solution for resource management, automated provisioning and configuration, and governance across your cloud infrastructure.
- Multi-Cloud Management: Get choice and portability across public and private cloud providers
- Powerful Automation: Eliminate redundant tasks, make your operations scalable, automate disaster response, and more
- Governance Controls: Securely manage all your cloud accounts, users, and access in one place for easy auditing
“We are fairly typical of large enterprises with some development groups that are forward thinking and that have been adopting cloud computing to take advantage of the on-demand and pay-as-you-go model of cloud computing. We use RightScale to reduce our overhead and the time we have to spend on cloud infrastructure.”
The Cloud Isn’t a Silver Bullet
Whether your company was born in the cloud or is now incorporating cloud into overall IT strategy, achieving fully automated, transparent, and manageable cloud infrastructure can be elusive. Why? Because traditional IT issues still exist:
- Organization: Server, virtual machine, and image sprawl. Can you keep it all in context?
- Responsiveness: Lofty goals and SLAs. Is your IT innovating as fast as your business?
- Transparency: Usage tracking. Chargeback. Want to allocate based on use?
- Vendors: Lock-in. Integration. Have the freedom that you want?
Plus, there are new issues to resolve with cloud computing:
- Standards: Proliferating clouds. No one standard. Do your clouds talk to each other?
- Security: Life outside the firewall can be scary. Have the tools to secure yourself?
- IT leakage: Anyone can launch a server with a credit card. Are you ready?
- Resiliency: Clouds are built from ephemeral, commodity resources. They are built to fail. Is your application?
The RightScale Way to Do Cloud
There is a right way to do cloud. It takes planning. And done right, IT feats once thought impossible are now within reach of all. Want to launch 1,000 servers in an hour? Failover an application across the globe? Reduce latency for happier customers? Clone production environments for your QA team? Sleep soundly at night?
- Make it modular. On-demand provisioning means on-demand configurations. Cloud configurations should be modular, bootstrapped, and contextually organized.
- Architect right. The cloud provides new, low-cost, ephemeral plumbing. Build your application architectures for scalability and fault tolerance.
- Preserve custom options. Because applications are diverse, you want to be able to optimize and have contingencies. Make sure your cloud solution gives you the customization and control you need.
- Automate everything. Make your cloud infrastructure application aware. Program it to self-heal and adapt to changing conditions.
- Achieve complete visibility. You can only manage what you can see. Choose a solution that can monitor and control all your accounts across all your clouds.
- Think multi-cloud. Whether it’s geographic expansion, disaster recovery, performance optimization, or vendor diversification, you’re going to need multiple clouds and providers. Make sure they can work seamlessly.
Why Cloud Management Makes Sense
RightScale Cloud Management provides a transparent "single pane of glass" view into your entire cloud infrastructure. You can conveniently access your private cloud and public cloud resource pools from one Dashboard. Here you can provision entire server deployments in minutes and then automate and govern them over their lifetimes. Everything is visible, organized, and controlled. And it works across public and private clouds.
With RightScale, managing 10 or 1,000 servers can be equally simple.
What Success Can Look Like
What do these best practices look like in the real world? Over the past five years, our customers have pushed the boundaries of what is possible in the cloud. Here’s just a glimpse of what our customers have achieved:
- Scale infrastructure by thousands of servers each day.
- Go from racked in your data center to cloud-ready in an hour.
- Manage several thousand servers with each administrator.
- Power applications that add some 10 million new users per week.
- Coordinate consistent development environments across the globe.
- Push code changes by the hour.
- Copy production environments in 10 minutes for testing by internal QA and by partners.
At RightScale, cloud computing is part of our DNA. We've developed a set of best practices over the five years and have incorporated them into everything we do — our product, our support, and our partner ecosystem. We give you the tools to operate your cloud infrastructure in ways you never thought possible.
Powered by RightScale
Trader Media Group
The RightScale Cloud Management Platform brings simplicity back to the data center, so we get our products out quicker.
- Find more