Tap Into Cloud Expertise
RightScale offers a range of services to help you succeed, from do-it-yourself materials to white glove engineering.
- CloudSight Consulting kickstarts your cloud strategy with roadmapping, application portfolio assessment, and application architecture and planning.
- Implementation services offer hands-on, consultative assistance in getting your cloud projects running.
- Expert Advisor provides comprehensive inspections of your cloud deployments to ensure performance optimization, cost efficiency, high availability, and change management best practices.
- Support keeps your applications optimally running on RightScale plus gives you the option to request help with best practices and advanced troubleshooting.
- Training enables you and your teams to get started quickly on RightScale, take a half-day refresher, or explore advanced topics via online and onsite courses (includes free classes).
RightScale CloudSight offers professional consulting that helps companies define a cloud roadmap, assess their application portfolio, design cloud architectures and build implementation plans. CloudSight brings years of RightScale experience implementing some of the largest and most complex enterprise cloud deployments, deep understanding of the major cloud providers, and a proven methodology for driving business value from cloud adoption.
- How does cloud fit into my corporate strategy and business needs?
- What does cloud success look like?
- How do I measure it?
- Which applications are best for the cloud?
- How do I map opportunities against requirements?
- How do I prioritize?
Architecture and Plan
- Which clouds are best for my applications?
- What are the architectural decisions to consider?
- How do I migrate?
Our implementation services offer a quick and effective onramp to RightScale and cloud-based applications. Ensure that your project meets its goals, gets done on schedule, and is built to scale with a set of best practices that we have developed since 2006.
Standard, Premium, and Private Cloud Onboarding: Get started with a best practice architecture and workplan for your cloud-based application. Onboarding is designed for those who prefer detailed guidance with project scoping, planning, testing, and launch assistance, but still want to build their architecture themselves.
Custom Engineering: Engage our Professional Services team with a custom Statement of Work to assist you in application deployment design and testing, development of configuration templates, and implementation of advanced RightScale features.
Systems Integrators: Our network of systems integrators provides a wide range of integration, migration, and implementation support from racking bare metal to providing managed life cycle services. Each systems integrator completes intensive training and is available as an expert resource to assist customers with deploying RightScale. Discover our network of RightScale systems integrators.
RightScale Expert Advisors comprehensively inspect existing RightScale implementations to ensure cloud best practices. Clients get contextual findings and actionable recommendations for running cloud deployments at peak efficiency, saving costs, adapting variable traffic, and preparing for small- or large-scale cloud outages.
- Resource organization and visibility
- Performance monitoring
- Over- or under-utilization
- Unused and misconfigured servers and volumes
High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Single points of failure
- Resiliency to outages
- Backup policies
- Alert triggers
- Auto-scaling design
- Optimally-sized servers
- Best purchase options
- Unused resources
- Version control of configurations
- Latest updates for RightLink, OS, and core application packages
Contact your RightScale account manager for more information on the Expert Advisor service.
RightScale offers two types of support to help you keep your applications humming. Problem Resolution support covers break/fix issues relating to the RightScale Dashboard, platform, and products. Consultative support covers best practices, troubleshooting, and advisory related to RightScale ServerTemplates™, monitoring, auto-scaling, and life cycle management. All of our support levels include access to our Knowledge Base, Online Tutorials, Community Forums, and web-based ticketing system with unlimited problem resolution support.
RightScale Bootcamp at AWS re:Invent
Connecting your Datacenter to AWS: Designing and Implementing a Hybrid IT Strategy and Solution
Audience: Systems administrators and operations, DevOps, technical architects
Register on the re:Invent website.
With the increased use of cloud services, organizations are faced with finding the most efficient way to leverage existing IT infrastructure alongside cloud-based compute, storage and networking resources. This has resulted in the rise of hybrid IT whereby both on-premises and cloud resources are leveraged to drive increased agility, stability and accessibility. RightScale has implemented some of the world’s largest hybrid IT deployments and will be sharing architecture design considerations, best practices and next steps for success through this hands-on workshop. This bootcamp takes you through the planning, implementation and continuous improvement of a hybrid IT environment. The class is organized in three sections: plan, develop and deploy, and enable and manage.
- Determine what your organization wants to accomplish. This may include looking to drive performance, increase agility, ensuring compliance or maximizing cost efficiency
- Identify the right applications for the cloud, and score for best fit
- Evaluate migration considerations for your datacenter applications
- Learn about common constraints and suggested alternatives
- Design a hybrid IT architecture
Develop & Deploy
- Appraise software and hardware considerations
- Explore technology stack profiles and options for an on-premises deployment
- Experience building a three-tier architecture running on your on-premises hardware and connected to AWS resources
Enable & Manage
- Create compliant and approved software stacks
- Set up and push out access through an "IT Vending Machine"
- Manage your hybrid IT infrastructure through access, reporting/chargebacks, analytics and forecasting
Do you have staff in multiple locations and time zones who need to quickly get up to speed on RightScale or who need continual access to RightScale tutorials? Then subscribe to RightScale eLearning to get anytime online access to our in-depth tutorials that cover new RightScale features and complementary products and technologies. Both individual and group subscriptions are available.
Best for: Self-paced learners new to RightScale or those who want access to tutorials on demand.
Already a subscriber? Sign in to RightScale eLearning
Open Enrollment Classes
If you’re looking for interactive training options, consider attending one of our scheduled open enrollment classes led by a RightScale expert instructor.
FREE > Zero to Cloud™ is a free introductory virtual (online) class that covers basic concepts of cloud computing and the RightScale cloud management solution.
Best for: Learners new to RightScale who want a free introductory online class taught by a RightScale expert.
JumpStart™ is a three-day course available online or onsite. It is designed to get you up and running fast in the cloud using RightScale. You will learn RightScale concepts, Dashboard operations, and best practices in the cloud using hands-on lab exercises. By the end of the three days you will be able to spin up servers in the cloud, create self-launching scalable arrays behind high-availability load balancers, and launch a production deployment from staging in less then ten minutes.
Best for: Learners new to RightScale who want in-depth online or onsite class taught by a RightScale expert.
FREE > RightScale Refresh™ is a free four-hour virtual (online) class that highlights the specific benefits that enterprises of all sizes have realized from using the RightScale cloud management solution. If your company is already using RightScale but you never attended training or you would like to be more familiar with all the features and benefits it provides, then RightScale Refresh is a convenient way to get up to speed.
Best for: Learners whose companies are already using RightScale but who are not themselves or those who want a free reintroduction to RightScale via a half-day online class.
RightScale experts will conduct a Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) and produce a Learning Solution Proposal (LSP) with recommendations for eLearning, standard training and customized training that will enable your team to accomplish its business objectives.
Best for: Enterprises of all sizes and channels.
Request a consultation or contact your RightScale account manager.
Onboarding Training includes a suite of classes designed to complement your purchase of Professional Services Onboarding and to best prepare your team for success with RightScale.
We recommend that your team attend Onboarding Training prior to starting your onboarding engagement with RightScale Professional Services.
- RightScale eLearning (self-paced, on-demand)
- RightScale Concepts™ (2 hours)
- Zero to Cloud (4 hours).
Request an initial consultation or contact your RightScale account manager.
To learn about RightScale onboarding options, including custom solutions, see Professional Services.