Resilient Architectures that Minimize Downtime
Building highly available applications requires that your infrastructure be ready for predictable maintenance, unpredictable hardware failures, and occasional disasters. The chance for a potential disaster or outage is especially high when launching holiday marketing campaigns. But making applications portable, backups available, and infrastructure ready to take over in a disaster is still time consuming for most. Public and private clouds present new opportunities for highly available, resilient applications. With the cloud it is easier than ever to consume resources from multiple data centers and providers, making low cost, redundant infrastructure possible for organizations of all sizes. But it does not happen by magic. Fully achieving the potential of highly scalable and resilient cloud-based applications requires a way to manage and automate your infrastructure and applications across data centers and providers.
RightScale helps you deliver more resilient applications on public and private clouds. RightScale has pioneered many of the de facto standards in cloud high availability and disaster recovery, including striped cloud database volumes, master / slave database architectures, and auto-scaling with weighted arrays. We offer best practice, resilient architectures that are built to handle server and cloud failures and minimize downtime.
- Self-healing servers: RightScale auto-scaling enables graceful, fully automated server failover in the event of an isolated failure.
- Automated database backups and failover: RightScale Database Manager ServerTemplates™ with automated backups and assisted failover ensure that your databases are preserved and available when and where they are needed in a disaster.
- One-click backup environments: RightScale deployments enable one-click cloning of entire infrastructure environments. Easily adjust variable inputs, stage your environment in another data center, and then quickly provision your servers in an emergency.
RightScale enables self-healing servers through our alerts and auto-scaling. Using alerts and escalations, RightScale automatically reboots or relaunches a server if it dies or becomes unresponsive. With auto-scaling, keep a minimum number of servers operational based on customizable conditions. And RightScale ServerTemplates ensure that your self-healing servers launch with the same configurations and perform necessary tasks such as registering with a load balancer pool and the correct database.
Automated Database Backups and Failover
Ensure that your data is available when and where it is needed in a disaster with automated backups and assisted failover. To do this you need an efficient way to manage backups and standard runbook operations. RightScale Database Manager ServerTemplates for MySQL and SQL Server provide best practice architectures for setting up databases and then automating database operations.
- Pre-configured master and slave roles for hot DR
- Scripts for backup, fail-over, and restoration across data centers, and clouds
- Striping into multiple volumes to speed up backups
- Primary and secondary backups to block volumes and object stores such as S3 and Cloud Files
- Continuous backup schedules or one-off backups with a click of a button
One-Click Backup Environments
Achieving many nines of availability requires a plan to handle data center and cloud provider failures. RightScale has support for a range of public and private clouds, enabling you to backup and restore your applications when large scale issues occur. With RightScale, easily create and stage backup environments across data centers and cloud providers. Clone server deployments to copy resource and environment configurations from one data center or cloud to another, creating a backup copy of your deployment that is ready to fire up at a moment’s notice. ServerTemplates abstract away the nitty-gritty differences so your server and network configurations work without modification. And RightScale enables easy staging of pre-configured servers ready to launched by an alert, a script, or with one click.
Get started with the RightScale Free Edition today.